Sunday, March 18, 2012

Priorities


Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least. ~ Goethe

After being gone for two and a half weeks, I am chomping at the proverbial bit to get back to writing. However, there are bills to be paid, mail to be answered, and the fitness program that needs to be resumed. Health and sanity are as much of writing as stringing words and thoughts together.

Underneath these priorities, an ancient, familiar song calls to me, like the mermaids and sirens in The Odyssey. “Do this, do that. Get organized. Complete this task. Do just one more thing. You can write tomorrow.” If I heed this song, I will drown, and my stories with it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. As someone interested in words, I thought you might like to look into the word play in cryptic crosswords (if you aren't already into them). I have been doing a series of posts about cryptic clues and how to solve them. This is the first one in the series:
    http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete