Friday, March 11, 2011

Perspective


"Without words, without writing and without books, there would be no history, there would be no humanity.~ Hermann Hesse

I loved the fact that Julie Powell blogged herself to fame in Julie and Julia (okay, so she had to cook too, and that was even harder than blogging).  However, sometimes her blog was whiny and self-absorbed, so when I started my blog, I vowed to remain chaste and shrill-free. It’s too late, the “poor-me” cries are taking over, and inserting themselves like hyphens in my blog.

It started with the endless power failure, followed by a trip to Albuquerque to move my daughter. On the day of the move, we hit some unexpected snags that if I even begin to describe them, I am afraid I will get lost in the Blogmuda Triangle. Upon returning home, the damage from the snow storm (not a metaphorical one, but the one that caused the power failure) had left us with a huge plumbing problem. Today I helped my husband bleed the hot water tank, clear the sediment out of the washing machine, and fix 2 toilets.

In the middle of it all, I managed to write, and despite my complaining, I enjoyed the daffodils and crocus that didn’t seem to notice that there is still a bit of snow on the ground. I suppose if the flowers can bloom in the midst of this weather, I can put a few words on paper. And if I ever really lose my perspective, I can turn on the news, and weep over the tragic earthquake in Japan, and then be grateful that I just went through a little snowstorm.

1 comment:

  1. Most excellent commentary on a lot of things. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete