Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Writing Chasms


"The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes." ~ Agatha Christie

This week I have had to manage a series of writing obstacles that made me relate to Sylvia Plath. Perhaps I am exaggerating just a tiny bit. Four days of no electricity or Internet created a serious disruption in my schedule. Now I am in San Diego at a conference, which is cutting into my writing time. I heard a wonderfully inspiring talk about a woman who self-published a book which was picked up by a major publisher. It made me want to write even more, but I haven’t had time to read her book let alone write mine.

Sometimes the chasms between where I am and where I want to be seem so deep that I doubt my capacity to navigate them. That’s when I find I can jump farther and higher than I realized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment