Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lost Ideas

Sylvia Plath wrote, "Nothing stinks like a pile of unpublished writing." Actually, I believe there is something that is worse - a good writing idea that is lost. The other day I had a fantastic writing idea and I was going to blog it, and for the life of me I can't recall what it was. I thought if I waited long enough, it would return. Alas, it hasn't. Trying to remember a lost idea seems to interfere with new ideas. So, I will make this short, keeping my mind clear and my head out of the oven. Ed's cooking dinner tonight, thank goodness.

On another note: I have chosen a literary agent, signed the contract, and am revising the proposal. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a frustration. It is why I'm commonly seen with a very little spiral notebook and pencil in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think good ideas would always come back to me simply because they were good ideas. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucinda,
    SUPER CONGRATS on signing with an agent! And hurray on having someone else cook dinner. I never argue with that. ;-)

    the other Loucinda

    ReplyDelete