Thursday, October 29, 2009

About the Book

Since I am not trying to create any mystery or suspense, I figure I better disclose the subject of my manuscript. To me, the book is a helpless infant, but to others, it may not mean much, so I just don't get specific with it. It's sort of like talking about our children or pets. We think they are interesting, but others may not.

The book is about hepatitis C treatment. It's a guide to inform and help patients through treatment. It tells them how to prepare for it and, using a step-by-step, daily format, gives patients a motivational message coupled with concrete tools and tips for dealing with side effects.

Thomas Berger wrote, "Why do writers write? Because it isn't there." Although there are other books that cover hepatitis C in a general way, there isn't anything that walks patients through treatment. I waited for someone else to write this book and when none did, I took up my pen. Actually, I took up my keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment