Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why, Oh Why?

You may be wondering why I am blogging? It really comes down to platform building. This is one of those business buzz words which means this: before a publisher will consider my manuscript, I have to prove that I have an audience. Blogging is one of the recommended platform builders.

However, although I know a few people have read my previous posts (my husband, for instance), no one has officially signed up as a follower. When I open my blog page, the phrase "There are no followers yet. Be the first" taunts me. I feel like the kid in gym class who isn't going to get picked for the field hockey team. So, I am pleading with one of you, please rescue me.

3 comments:

  1. There. Now you have at least one follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lizz. I woke up this morning with the intention of removing my groveling post, but now that I see the removal of "There are no followers" I am leaving it alone.

    ReplyDelete