Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fetal Development

Although I have mentioned that I am writing a book, I really don't like talking about it much. It's like talking about an embryo before it has developed into a being that can be felt in the belly. Well, I have had my quickening--a couple of agents have expressed interest in representing me. I will make my formal decision next week, but I have made a tentative one now. The fetus is not only moving, she is tugging at my heart.

I will talk more about my book later (I promise). There are two other things I want to mention. First, how much your support means to me, especially for those who made the effort to become a follower. Also, I love the comments. Your words make this blog seem so much better to me. I don't feel like I am ranting in the dark.

Second, I want to say that the lesson I most value from this experience is that I have learned not to take rejection personally. I get this because I learned that not risking is worse than rejection. Many great writers have been rejected more than I have been, and have gone on to write more than I will ever write. I walk in the shadow of their courage and I give thanks for their bravery and perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://maternitymotherhood.net
    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete