Monday, October 26, 2009

Quotes from my Mother

My mother always asks me how my book is coming along. I panic, thinking I should have it done by now. I know she is just showing interest, like asking how my family is. Sometimes it feels like this book is similar to adult children who still reside at home. What's this book still doing in the nest? In my defense, I haven't been writing it for very long. It just seems that way because I was thinking about it for a long time. I suppose thinking about having a baby doesn't mean that you are pregnant longer than 9 months. So really, I haven't been working on the manuscript that long.

I told my mother I started a writer's blog. She said, "Better to have a writer's blog than writer's block." I told her I'd like to use that. She reminded me to quote her.

No comments:

Post a Comment