Friday, February 26, 2010

Facebook for Readers

"A good writer is not necessarily a good book critic. No more so than a good drunk is automatically a good bartender." - Jim Bishop

Although I am on Facebook, I must confess that I am not dedicated to it. I am a Farmville failure. I didn't know it was possible to kill plants on the Internet. I have Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, but I find these even less attractive. I'd rather write, read or knit than spend time updating my profile. That is, until I found  http://www.goodreads.com Goodreads is Facebook for readers. Basically it is a place where I can torture myself by seeing all the many books I lust for, but will never read, particularly if I spend time on Goodreads. It's like looking inside of a bakery window while being on a diet. Isn't it better to just keep walking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment