Monday, March 8, 2010

Blogging Truth

The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and about all time. - George Bernard Shaw

Sometimes writing doesn't happen or it feels so clinical that it feels like it isn't writing. I knew I was in trouble when I fell behind in my blog. Actually, I realized that the problem is even bigger than that when not only did I fall behind in my blog but my blog felt like the only real writing I was doing. In truth, I was doing other writing, but it wasn't the satisfying kind. It was like needing a massage but settling for a flu shot.

The irony here, is that blogging about writing is becoming my authentic story. It's where the creative process is unleashed that allows the unimaginable to be imagine. Do all writers have a version of this story, wherein the writing is the story in the story?

No comments:

Post a Comment