Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perseverance

"English novelist John Creasey received 763 rejection slips before publishing 564 books. Get over rejection. He did." - Bill O'Hanlon, Write is a Verb

My agent told me that two publishers were interested in my book. Although this is good news, they both wanted me to write a different book than the one that is nearly completed. Not exactly the same as starting from scratch, but not far from it. I agonized for a couple days, wondering what to do. Fortunately both publishers were wonderful. They encouraged me beyond my expectations. I felt mentored and lavished with possibility. In the end I decided where I was headed and who I wanted to work with. I am excited about getting back to work. Right now I am in Albuquerque, taking care of my mother. My mother's perseverance keeps me focused. If she can fight so hard to live, I can certainly write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment