Thursday, March 25, 2010

Being in the Flow

"Work will trump talent."- Dorothy Allison

Some days, writing flows out of me like water. I call it being in the flow. Nearly always, I get here because I sit down and write - not because I am inspired to write - but because I am committed to the vocation. Some days it is harder than others, but this week it is easy. In fact, everything is flowing so well, I am drowning in delicious words and possibilities.

What is especially exciting is that I am working on a new book. The one that is nearly written will wait. I know this sounds foolish, but I know in my bones that this book needs to be written first in order to smooth the way for the other book. Even more exciting is the fact that I know I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can too. Enjoy the ride.

    Kinney

    ReplyDelete